Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Indigo Weekend


I spent the weekend with Glennis Dolce ( Shibori Girl ) learning
about indigo dyeing and shibori . It was a wonderful class and if
you ever have a chance to take a class with her , do it !  she is a
wealth of knowledge and very generous . I learned just enough 
to know I wanted to take her online class .

The class was held at the Japanese American Museum 
in Little Tokyo . So it was fun to walk around and take 
some photos.

Seems to early for spring .



A crazy bike store ...it was full of people .

A lunch trailer , too bad I had already eaten .



I met some friends for dinner on 5th and main.
Nickle Dinner was a cool place and good food . 
Breakfast seemed like it would be extra good .


Window decoration at the Nickle Dinner


Two more ladies

It was a great weekend . I can't wait to get my
indigo pot going . My head is filled with all kinds of ideas .
I hope everyone has a great week .
xxoo





4 comments:

  1. wow, the fabric is gorgeous, kathy! if that's any indication of what you learned i can see why you want to learn more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy, love that indigo fabric world!
    Just so ancient and earthy. What a great weekend
    Best
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!!!! Your indigo dyeing is beautiful....I am swooning over those fabrics. I have bought a few packs of fabric from Glennis and LOVE them all...plus did an online workshop which was fantastic.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabrics...like getting to hold the sky in your hands. Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete